"Culture is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it" ~Robert Motherwell~
- Fine Arts Scholarships: Annually, Tri Kappa awards scholarships to students majoring in dance, theater, art, or music. See more information on this and the other scholarships we offer here.
- Hoosier Salon: One of Tri Kappa’s amazing founders, Beryl Showers Holland, was responsible for the headquarters of the Hoosier Salon Patrons Association moving to Indianapolis in 1941. Tri Kappa is the Salon’s oldest patron and provider of awards.
- Tri Kappa Art Collection: Housed in the John Logan Memorial Library at the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, the collection contains more than 100 paintings and is valued at more than $500,000. See below for a sampling.
- The Twanette Nutter Fleming Award is given yearly to an applicant enrolled full-time in an accredited college offering a baccalaureate or graduate degree program preparing the applicant to teach music. More here on our Scholarships.
- The principal of the Tri Kappa Fine Arts Endowment Fund is preserved and the interest funds Tri Kappa’s State Fine Arts programs including Young Audiences of Indiana, Hoosier Merit awards, Fine Arts Scholarships, and the Twanette Nutter Fleming Scholarship.
- Youth Art Month is an annual national observance held each March to give children new opportunities to learn about and enjoy the arts. It emphasizes the value of art education for all children and encourages public support for quality school art programs. Many Tri Kappa chapters throughout Indiana sponsor a project for Youth Art Month. Examples include exhibits in a single school, to a whole school system, or a community-wide project. Some chapters sponsor a creative writing or poetry contest, while others sponsor trips to a ballet or a symphony performance.